DEEP FRIED FISH FILLETS WITH LEMON MAYOFrom genna_gp 7 years ago
- sunflower oil, for deep-frying shopping list
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs shopping list
- 30g finely grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 50g plain flour shopping list
- 2 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 12 x 75-100g, lemon sole, shopping list
- lemon wedges, to serve shopping list
- For the mayonnaise shopping list
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- 8 fresh basil leaves, very finely shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the mayonnaise ingredients together and season to taste.
- Cover and chill.
- Half-fill a large, deep saucepan with sunflower oil and heat to 190C.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt on a large plate.
- Put the flour onto a second plate and season lightly.
- Pour the beaten eggs into a shallow dish.
- Season the fillets lightly on both sides.
- Coat each fillet, 1 at a time, first in the flour, then the beaten eggs and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Deep-fry 2 pieces at a time for 2 minutes until crisp and golden. Drain on plenty of kitchen paper and keep warm in a low oven while you cook the other fillets.
- Serve with the mayonnaise, lemon, green salad & oven-roasted chips