SLOW COOKER VEGETABLE SOUPFrom bestcooker 7 years ago
- One 10 ounce package frozen whole kernel corn (no need to thaw) shopping list
- one 10 ounce package frozen cut green beans (no need to thaw) shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2-3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 rib celery, sliced shopping list
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- one small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise - then cut each half into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- two 14 ounce cans 100% fat-free chicken broth shopping list
- one 14.5 ounce can stewed tomatoes (DO NOT drain) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- dash of ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 C. quick-cooking barley shopping list
How to make it
- Spray the inside of a 3.5-quart slowcooker with no-stick cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT barley. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW 8-10 hours. About half an hour before serving, stir in barley and cook until tender.
- Note: The sizes of the frozen vegetable packages may vary from region to region, so add amounts "to taste". For even easier preparation, peel and slice the fresh vegetables the night before and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The next morning, just dump everything in the slow cooker, stir, and go!
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookbestcooker NA
The Rating4 people
Now I just need some cold weather here in South Texas! LOL.. I love my soups!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Soup on a cold winter night nothing better. Love the addition of barley. Also your tips are great. Well done. Thank you.unicorn4 in Melbourne loved it