Sweet Potato DipFrom bluewaterandsand 6 years ago
- 6 small-medium sweet potatoes (about 2¼ lbs.) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 4 scallions, chopped fine shopping list
- ½ cup chopped drained bottled roasted red peppers shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro sprigs, washed well, dried and chopped fine shopping list
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped fine shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt, or to taste shopping list
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, or to taste shopping list
- ½ fresh jalapeno chili, seeded and chopped fine shopping list
- ¼ - ½ cup water if necessary shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prick potatoes with a fork and on a foil-lined baking sheet bake in the
- middle of the oven for 1½ hours, or until very soft.
- Cool potatoes slightly and scoop flesh into a bowl.
- In a food processor, puree potatoes with remaining ingredients,
- adding enough water to reach desired consistency.
- Serve dip with baked or whole-grain tortilla chips or vegetable
- Makes about 4 cups.
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!