Savory Mashed White and Sweet PotatoesFrom jencathen 7 years ago
- 3 baking potatoes, peeled and cubed (I use Yukon's) shopping list
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 tsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup skim milk shopping list
- coarse salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place white potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Allow to cook, uncovered, until fork-tender, approximately 15-20 minutes. Drain. Return to pot and mash with garlic, butter, olive oil and skim milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour potatoes into a 1-1/2 quart baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake 30-45 minutes, until cheese is browned.
The Cookjencathen TX
The Rating3 people
I really like the potato combination and flavors working here. Great offering, Jen - thanks!lunasea in Orlando loved it