Wasabi Infused Mahi Mahi Sandwiches With Napa SlawFrom greekgirrrl 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup finely minced shallots shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger shopping list
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste shopping list
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tamari shopping list
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil, divided shopping list
- 4 (6-ounce) mahi mahi fillets shopping list
- 8 slices ciabatta or 4 rolls, split shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tahini shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups very finely shredded napa cabbage shopping list
- 1 cup very finely shredded red cabbage shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated carrot shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- mayonnaise shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients in a bowl; whisk in 2 tablespoons sesame oil. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade, and set aside. Place fillets in a zip-top plastic bag; pour remaining marinade over fillets. Seal bag; chill 1 hour.
- Remove fish and discard marinade. Grill fish, skin side up, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn fish, and grill 3 to 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and discard skin. Cover and keep warm. Grill bread slices 3 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
- Stir together remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil and tahini. Stir sesame oil mixture into reserved 1/2 cup marinade.
- Combine Napa cabbage and next 3 ingredients in a bowl. Pour marinade mixture over slaw; toss gently to combine.
- Lightly spread one side of each bread slice with mayonnaise. Place fish over 4 pieces of bread; top with slaw and remaining 4 pieces of bread.
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating9 people
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I lovvvvvvvve it! That marinade sounds fantastic!! Great recipe!!ddougee in Chester loved it
Great Recipe!sunny in Portland loved it
Checkin Central283 members
Coffee Talk123 members
Just Sandwiches131 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
TRAILER PARK BRAWLERS49 members
Heat In The Kitchen314 members
Food Quotes11 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Grouprecipes Rocks149 members