Parmesan Cheese StrawsFrom wdsdy 8 years ago
How to make it
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add cheese and butter. Process until blended.
- Add flour, salt, and red pepper to cheese mixture; process about 30 seconds or until mixture forms a ball, stopping often to scrape down sides.
- EITHER --
- Divide dough in half; roll each portion into a 1/8-inch-thick rectangle, and cut into 2- x1/2-inch thick strips.
- OR --
- Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls; flatten each ball to about 1/8-inch thickness.
- Place strips or rounds of dough onto ungreased baking sheets; brush dough with milk.
- Top with pecan halves, if desired.
- Bake strips at 350 degrees for 7 minutes AND/OR bake rounds for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: 5 dozen cheese straws or 3 dozen cheese wafers.