Mexican Black-Eyed PeasFrom crabhappychick 5 years ago
- 1 pound dried black-eyed peas, Sort, wash and place in dutch oven. Cover with water 2 " above peas and soak overnight. shopping list
- 2 pounds bulk sausage shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 28 ounces can whole tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- The next day after peas have soaked, brown sausage, stirring to crumble. Add onion and cook until tender. Drain.
- Drain peas, stir in sausage and other ingredients. Bring to boil, then simmer 1 1/2 hours. Serve with salad and cornbread.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating4 people
This is the way Black eyed peas are done!
That's a 5!dooley in Krum loved it
This is for next New Years...I need all the luck I can get.LOLraelene1951 in Brighton loved it
Yes I agree with Cat, this sounds fabulous, can hardly wait to put this dish together, you have my 5 also. Thanks for sharing.henrie in Savannah loved it