Chicken DivanFrom canzi 9 years ago
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen broccoli, chopped shopping list
- 6 cups shredded chicken, cooked (I use 1 or 2 whole pre-cooked chickens and de-bone and shred by hand) shopping list
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the outer wrappers from the boxes of broccoli. Open 1 end of each box. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes, until thawed. Drain the broccoli and put into a casserole dish. Add the shredded chicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, Cheddar, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper, to taste, and wine. Whisk together to make a sauce. Pour the sauce over the broccoli and chicken. Mix well with a spatula.
- Place the mixture into an 11 by 7-inch casserole dish or 2 (9-inch) square disposable aluminum foil pans that have been sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray. Pat down evenly and smooth with a spatula. Combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Cook's Note: Try topping with Cheddar or Gruyere cheese.