Corn Flake MuffinsFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 1 cup of all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp of baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1 cup of buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup of raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp of grated orange rind shopping list
- 4 cups of corn flakes, coarsely crushed to 2 cups shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat buttermilk or soured milk, oil and egg with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Stir in raisins, brown sugar, and orange rind.
- Blend in corn flake crumbs.
- Add flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 425 degree for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly brown.
- Makes 18 muffins.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating2 people
i like this recipe, minimal oil and sugar and a great way to use up that packet of cornflakes in my pantry. Im gonna try them. Thanks!zoetheunicorn in Hastings loved it
ok i tried these...more like little cakes than muffins in texture, and mine didnt rise very well.
I made them to freeze so my bf can take them to work, theyre better when you defrost them in the microwave so they're warm.
Tase good though ...morezoetheunicorn in Hastings loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!