Chili Peanut BrittleFrom 22566 6 years ago
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 2 Cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 Cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/4 Cup water shopping list
- 1 Package (12 oz) Raw Spanish peanuts shopping list
- 1/4 Cup butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl,combine paprika,chili powder,salt,red pepper,and coriander;set aside.
- Butter sides of a heavy large saucepan.
- Combine sugar,corn syrup,and water in saucepan.
- Stirring constantly,cook over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Using a pastry brush dipped in hot water, wash down any sugar crystals on sides of pan.
- Attach a candy thermometer to pan,making sure it does not touch the bottom of the pan.
- Increase heat to meduim and bring to a boil.
- Cook( without )stirring, about 10 minutes or until mixture reaches 260 degrees.
- Stir in peanuts and continue cooking until mixture reaches hard-crack stage,about 300 to 310 degrees.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and spice mixture,stir until butter melts.
- Add baking soda (syrup will foam),stir until soda dissolves.
- Pour candy onto a large piece of buttered aluminum foil,cool completely.
- Break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Makes about 2 pounds of candy