Greek Restaurant Style HummusFrom lobster 7 years ago
- 1 19 oz Can chickpeas (drained, reserve liquid) shopping list
- 1/4 Cup reserved chickpea liquid (or more depending on consistency desired) shopping list
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp tahini (sesame paste) shopping list
- 2 - 4 cloves crushed garlic (or more to taste) shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 Tsp paprika shopping list
- Sprinkle of cumin (or to taste) shopping list
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In food processor add;
- chickpeas, reserved liquid from chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt, paprika, and cumin if desired.
- Process until all combined and well blended
- Continue processing and add Extra virgin olive oil slowly
- Continue blending until desired consistency. Add additional liquid if a runnier consistency is desire.
- Shorter time for coarse texture and longer for smoother texture.
- Make ahead and let flavours meld together for several hours prior to serving.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh parsley and a sprinkle of paprika on top.
- Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cooklobster NV, CA
The Rating7 people
Hi lobster! We love hummus in this house but I've never made homemade before. I'm going to give this one a try. I saw one in my grocery store recently that was lemon flavored. Think a little lemon juice could be added to this? Maybe in place of ...morebabskitchen in loved it
Lobster! This is fantastic. Made it today and changed it slightly (our stores only carry 15.5 oz. cans) so I only added lemon juice in place of the chickpea juice (I was really hankering for a lemony flavored hummus) and just upped the paprika and ...morebabskitchen in loved it
Guess what I am making this weekend....yup... you guessed it! Love this stuff. Thanks for the post.mamalou in Attleboro loved it