CalfoutiFrom fluffy24 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup whole almonds (about 2 ounces) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 8 ounces dark sweet cherries, pitted, halved (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 3 large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Blend almonds in processor until ground but not pasty. Transfer to small saucepan; add milk and bring to simmer. Remove from heat; let steep 30 minutes. Pour through fine strainer, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids in strainer.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter 10-inch-diameter glass pie dish; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Scatter cherries evenly over bottom of dish.
- Using electric mixer, beat eggs, almond extract, salt, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Add strained almond milk and beat to blend. Sift flour into egg mixture and beat until smooth. Pour mixture over cherries. Bake until set and knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- Can be made 6 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Lightly dust clafouti with powdered sugar and serve.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!