Brazil Nut Ebony BarsFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup extra Dutch-processed (black) cocoa shopping list
- 1/4 cup regular, unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 2/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1 packet instant oatmeal shopping list
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 200g silken tofu shopping list
- 1/4 cup coconut oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted margarine shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 oz chopped brazil nuts shopping list
- ~Frosting~ shopping list
- 1/3 cup extra - Duch processed (black) cocoa shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp melted margarine shopping list
- 3-4 tbsp brewed coffee shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease a 9" baking pan.
- Sift together the cocoas, then whisk into the flour, oatmal, espresso powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a food processor, combine the tofu, oils, margarine, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- Gently stir in the cocoa mixture until almost blended, then fold in the chopped nuts.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, until a tester yields moist crumbs. Cool completely.
- Sift together the cocoa and icing sugar.
- To the melted margarine, alternately add the cocoa mixture with the coffee, starting and ending with the dry mix.
- Add a touch of extra coffee if needed for spreading consistency.
- Spread over cooled bars (you may not use all the frosting).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating3 people
Sweet Tooth446 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Chocolate Dreams353 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Party Food316 members
Vegetarian Food Lover424 members