Charmoula Lamb BurgersFrom debwin 7 years ago
- 3 garlic cloves shopping list
- 11/2tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/2tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/3c finely chopped cilantro shopping list
- 11/2lb ground lamb (not lean) shopping list
- 4 6-7" pita pockets shopping list
- 1/4c tapenade shopping list
- 1T extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2tsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 4 thick tomato slices shopping list
How to make it
- Mince garlic and mash to a paste with 3/4tsp salt using the side of a heavy knife. Stir together garlic paste with the cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, cayenne and the cilantro; sprinkle over lamb and mix until combined (do not overmix) Form lamb into 4 3/4" thick patties.
- Cut off enough from one side of each pita to leave a 5" opening. Stir together tapenade, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Oil grill and cook burgers over medium-high heat, turning once; about 6-7 minutes for medium rare; grill pitas.
- Spread patties with the tapenade mixture and slide into pita's with the tomato slices.
The Cookdebwin Toronto, CA
The Rating4 people
Wow these burgers are packed with flavor. I love middle eastern food. THX!dandelion in Ashland loved it
different tastey recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Oh wow, these sound really good. I haven't had lamb in awhile, this recipe gives me a good excuse to buy some. Thanks for a great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it