Almond Cake Pain De GenesFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 6 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1/2 lb. blanched and crushed almonds shopping list
- 6 tbsp. fine sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 6 tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup of cake flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1 tsp of vanilla shopping list
- 1 tbsp of kirsch or Cointreau (orange is my favorite) shopping list
How to make it
- Crush the almonds into a powder.
- Combine the almond powder with the first 6 tbsp of sugar and the two eggs.
- Beat the mixture very well with a whip.
- Add the second 6 tbsp. of sugar and the last egg and continue beating the mixture until it is light and fluffy.
- Put the butter into a warm bowl and work with a wooden spoon until it is creamy.
- Cut and fold the butter into the almond mixture.
- Sift the cake flour and the salt and fold into the mixture.
- Add the chosen flavoring to the batter.
- Pout the batter into an 8 or 9 inch shallow cake pan that has been lined with parchment paper and buttered.
- Bake in slow 300 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Turn the cake out on a rack to cool.
- Remove the paper and serve the cake with a dusting of powdered sugar.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
I absolutely love this cake! It's one of my favorite cakes, it is easy, tasty and does not need icing.sunny in Portland loved it
Very nice twist with Cointreau - I think it would work the best! I have a similar recipe, without the orange liquor - I will try your version from now on!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
OH MY, this sounds so good! Thanks.
Bettyrecipesrule in Winnipeg loved it