Gluten Free Sweet Biscuits for ShortcakeFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 1/3 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup potato starch shopping list
- 3/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In medium bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add remaining ingredients and mix until all lumps are gone. Batter will be quite soft and sticky.
- Use dough to make 8 drop biscuits. Bake 12-15 minutes - I baked them much longer, until tops are very lightly browned.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating5 people
Great recipe - I have made these and even my husband who does not have to be gluten free likes them! 5!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
good post.. five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I am not GF but my sisters and their kids are so I've eaten lots of GF foods. This was my fist try at scratch GF biscuits and I am so impressed! Formerly we used Pamela's which we all love. (My son liked them better than gluten biscuits he grew up wi...moremomuco in loved it