Chocolate Amaretto Crunch PieFrom crabhappychick 5 years ago
- 1/4 c. finely ground amaretti cookies shopping list
- 2/3 c. finely chopped almonds shopping list
- 1/2 c. firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c. flour shopping list
- 1/4 t. salt shopping list
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 12 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 eggs, separated, room temp shopping list
- 1 T. amaretto liqueur shopping list
- 2 T. sugar shopping list
- 1 c. whipping cream shopping list
- 2 t. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350. Combine cookies, almonds, sugar, flour, and salt in processor. With machine running, add butter through feed tube and mix 20 seconds. Pat mixture onto bottom and up sides of 10" tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 15 minutes. Cool crust completely.
- Filling: Melt chocolate in large bowl set over pan of simmering water; stir until smooth. Remove from over water. Beat in yolks; mixture may bind. Using electric mixer, beat in liqueur; mixture will smooth out. Using clean dry beaters, beat whites with 1 T. sugar until soft peaks form. Gently fold whites into chocolate mixture. Using clean dry beaters, beat cream with remaining sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold 1 c. into chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate remaining cream.
- Assemble: Spoon filling into crust. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.) Just before serving, spoon remaining whipped cream into pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe rosettes on top of pie. Top each rosette with fresh strawberry.