Korean Boiled Beef RibsFrom littlesponger 6 years ago
- 4 to 5 pounds beef short ribs, cut into 2 inches lengths shopping list
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and chopped into 2 inches long lengths shopping list
- 1 onion, cut into quarters shopping list
- 2/3 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoon mirin (cooking wine) shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 4 tbsp of minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp ginger powder shopping list
- 4 tbsp of sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp sesame seed shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put the meat into cold water to soak the blood out for at least an hour. Drain the meat.
- Cut off the fat from the meat and make 3 cuts into the thick parts to help the marinade sink in.
- Put a pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil, once boiling add the meat and boil for about 15-20 minuts. Remove from stove and drain the water out.
- Add the carrots, onion Also add soy sauce, water, garlic, sugar, salt. Mix it all up so that all the veggies and meat are coated in the soy mix then put the lid on and slowly bring to the boil.
- Boil for about 10 minutes, then taste the sauce and add more sugar or salt according to taste.
- Bring the heat down to a low flame and cook for 30mins - 1hr, or till meat is tender enough to easily pull apart. - stir occasionally, but gently
The Cooklittlesponger LA CRESCENTA, CA
The Rating3 people
your recipes look beautiful and i like that you include the history of the dish.choclytcandy in loved it
This sounds & looks like a wonderful meal & I'll certainly be trying it soon High 5 from me. Thanksbrianna in loved it
this sounds amazing. Can't wait to try. Great post. High 5 from one of your biggest fans.chefmeow in Garland loved it