Crockpot Tomato SoupFrom juliatravelbug 8 years ago
- About 500g or 1lb soup beef (I use shin beef) shopping list
- beef stock - be as generous as you like shopping list
- 2x tins of tomato puree - if you can find the 'seasoned' variety with herbs this adds lovely flavour shopping list
- Packet of tomato soup mix - I enjoy "tomato & basil" flavour shopping list
- 3-4 stalks of celery, chopped/diced shopping list
- celery leaves, chopped shopping list
- Pinch of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 a cup of rice shopping list
How to make it
- Approximately half-fill the crockpot with hot water and throw in your beef and stock...
- Immediately add the tomato puree and soup mix...
- Then plop in the celery and leaves...
- Drop in your pinch of cayenne (more to taste if you like it SPICY!)...
- Leave it simmering on high for approx 5 hours...
- Add the rice for last hour of cooking...
- Enjoy! :)
- This is great to freeze or eat immediately with toast & butter and a splash of Maggi seasoning (if you can find it at the store - it's Dutch seasoning in a bottle - see photo)
The Cookjuliatravelbug Christchurch, NZ
The Rating2 people
sounds easy, and good too! i think i'll look fro teh ingredients the next time i go shopping and give it a try. thanks and a high 5 for the inspiration.misterpeter in Southwest Harbor loved it