Spoon Brown BreadFrom vixiestix 6 years ago
How to make it
- Put oatmeal and shortening into a saucepan.
- Pour hot water in and stir well. Allow to cool before adding in the molasses. Mix well.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture and the dissolved yeast mixture in a large bowl.
- Add the flour and salt and mix well.
- Cover and allow to rise overnight.
- Spoon into loaf pans and let rise again for 1 and 1/2 hours. (I always make them into rolls instead of loaves)
- Bake 30 minutes.
The Cookvixiestix Yarmouth, Canada
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!