Kickin Black Bean BurgersFrom supamagg 8 years ago
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans shopping list
- 1 tbsp. oil shopping list
- 1 cup of corn (fresh or frozen) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cumin shopping list
- 2 tbsp. green chiles shopping list
- 2 tbsp. salsa (as mild or hot as you like!) shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs shopping list
- Non-stick cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Drain and rinse black beans. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in large frying pan.
- Add onion, garlic, corn, chiles and cumin.
- Saute 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Place sauteed items in a bowl with beans and let cool. Mash with a fork (not all ingredients will mash).
- Add salsa, flour and breadcrumbs.
- Blend ingredients with a rubber spatula.
- Form into 4 patties and place on wax paper. (Patties can be stored in Tupperware until ready to cook)
- Spray patties lightly on one side cooking that side first on medium heat, until browned. Spray the other side of the patty, flip and repeat.
- Dress as desired.
- *These are excellent if served with fresh avocado, tomato, lettuce and cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooksupamagg Charlotte, NC
The Rating4 people
perfect with mango bell pepper salsa! yummy 5!mintymommybee in Anderson loved it
sounds good thanks for the recipe.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds like it would be very good, I've tried different recipes before and they left something lacking. This one is one I feel like my family and I will enjoy a lot. Thanks for the great post, you have my 5, I will be making these this week af...morehenrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!