Mock Oyster Dip AKAbroccoli DipFrom dmajor 7 years ago
- 1 package chopped frozen broccoli, cooked according to package directions shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 cup chopped finely or minced onions shopping list
- 3 cloves, minced garlic shopping list
- 4oz. cream cheese shopping list
- 8oz. shredded mild or medium cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 can B&B mushrooms or 1/2 cup sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- dash of creole seasoning shopping list
- 1/3 cup Italian Style bread crumbs or Ritz cracker crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Cook broccoli according to package directions and drain well.
- Saute onions,green onions, garlic, and mushrooms in butter until tender.
- In mixing bowl, mix together the broccoli, sour cream, onion mixture, cream cheese and spices.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour broccoli mixture in casserole dish.
- Top with cheese and bread crumbs or Ritz crumbs.
- Bake until cheese melts and topping is golden brown,about 15 minutes.
- Serve in casserole dish or pour into chafing dish.
- Serve with toasted rounds, crackers, or chips
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating1 people
I agree with justiaesmom, this sounds great. If this is the same dip I had growing up, you are my hero, I have been looking for this classic. I'm drooling. Ooh-la-la. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it