Ahi Tuna TacosFrom boatrat 8 years ago
- Fresh corn tortillas shopping list
- 1 lb ahi tuna, frozen, thawed, and well drained shopping list
- fresh ground pepper (and salt if not restricted) shopping list
- 2 tbs light oil shopping list
- 1/2 c. plain yogurt shopping list
- wasabi paste to taste shopping list
- 1 to 2 tsp fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 medium cabbage finely shredded shopping list
- 1/2 red onion diced shopping list
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper diced shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced shopping list
- 1/3 green bell pepper diced shopping list
- 2 med jalapenos seeded and diced shopping list
- 4 radishes thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 c. olive oil (or less to taste) shopping list
- juice of 2 limes shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro shopping list
- 2 tsp toasted cumin seed shopping list
How to make it
- Combine ingredients, adding wasabi paste to taste. Set aside."Pickled" cabbage salad
- For Wasabi Cream combine yogurt, wasabi paste & lime juice, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mexican slaw - Toss together cabbage, peppers, onion, and radishes. Mix together vinegar, lime juice, and olive oil. Add pepper, oregano, mix well and toss with the slaw, correct seasonings for your taste, and set aside to "pickle" for at least an hour - overnight in the fridge is okay.
- For tacos: Season both sides of the the tuna with pepper and salt (if desired). Cut into 1" x 4" strips. Heat oil in skillet and add tuna.
- Cook just until seared on one side, turn and sear the other side. Remove from pan and slice into smaller pieces.
- Place a spoonful of pickled veggies in the center of the taco, add slices of tuna and dress with wasabi cream.