Carmel Apple Pork ChopsFrom lincolntoot 5 years ago
- 4 (3/4 inch) thick pork chops shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 tart apples - peeled, cored and sliced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons pecans (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees F (80 degrees C).
- Place a medium dish in the oven to warm.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush chops lightly with oil and place in hot pan.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until done.
- Transfer to the warm dish, and keep warm in the preheated oven.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add butter to skillet, and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples. Cover and cook until apples are just tender.
- Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops. Keep warm in the preheated oven.
- Continue cooking sauce uncovered in skillet, until thickened slightly. Spoon sauce over apples and chops.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
The Cooklincolntoot Freehold, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!