New York Times Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom michellem 7 years ago
- Adapted from Jacques Torres: shopping list
- 2 cups minus 2 T cake flour shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups bread flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 sticks(1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 T granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tsps natural vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/4 pounds bittersweet chocolate disk or f'eves, at least 60 percent cacao content shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl, Set aside.
- Using a mixer fitted with paddle attatchment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low , add dry ingredients and mix until combined, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Drop chocolate pieces in and incorporate them without breaking them. Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours. Dough may be used in batches, and can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350*. Line baking sheet with parchment paper .
- Scoop 6 3 1/2 ounce of dough( the size of generous golf balls) onto baking sheet, making sure to turn horizontally any chocolate pieces that are poking out; it will make for a more attractive cookie. Sprinkle llightly with sea salt and bake until golden brown but still soft, 18 min to 20 min. Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then slip cookies onto another rack to cool a bit more.
- Repeat with remaining dough , or resereve dough, refrigerated, for baking remaining batches the next day.
- Yield 1 1/2 dozen 5-inch cookies
- Note :Disks are sold at Jacques Torres Chocolate;Valrhona feves, oval shaped chocolate pieces, are at Whole Foods.
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating8 people
WONDERFUL!m2googee in Tomball loved it
Next best thing to these; Chocolate Macadamia Nuts.woodstock in HAWI loved it
Thanks Michelle....great coffee dunkers...now i have to look for an extra,extra,extra large coffee mug.............:}
have a blessed day,GF
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!