Soft-shell Crabs With Garlic Marsala ButterFrom efitobx 8 years ago
- 4 Jumbos or Whales Soft-Shell crabs, cleaned and dressed ("Whales" 5 1/2+ inches) shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2 to 4 tbsp Canola or peanut oil shopping list
- 4 tbsp clarified butter shopping list
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic, Finely Chopped shopping list
- 5 tbsp Dry marsala wine shopping list
- juice from a 1/2 lemon shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- Chopped parsley for Garnish shopping list
- NOTE: To make clarified butter: shopping list
- Melt unsalted butter over low heat without stirring. Let it sit for several minutes, then skim off the foam. Leave the milky residue at the bottom and use only the clear (clarified) butter on top shopping list
How to make it
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Blot the crabs with paper towels, then dip them in the flour and shake off the excess (the crabs should be dusted, not coated, with flour).
- Place in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons clarified butter. Add 2 crabs and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn over and cook for another 1 minute.
- Remove crabs from pan on to baking sheet lined with paper towels to keep warm.
- Wipe the pan with paper towels and repeat the process with the remaining crabs.
- Mean while In another pan, Melt 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter add Garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add Marsala and bring to a boil. Add Lemon Juice and remaining Butter. Lower Heat and stir with a wisk until butter forms a Sauce.
- Season with Salt & Pepper
- Place 2 Crabs on plate per serving and spoon Sauce over them sprinkle chopped Parsley. Serve immediately.
The Cookefitobx Norfolk, VA
The Rating6 people
I love them, too and I LOVE this recipe!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Great recipe! 5 for the Soft-shell crabselgab89 in Toronto loved it
I love this fantastic recipe!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it