Lemon Bilberry Streusel MuffinsFrom debra47 6 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 8 ounce container vanilla yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (unthawed) bilberries or blueberries shopping list
- Streusel topping: shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 T butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease muffin cups.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix well.
- In small bowl, combine yogurt, oil, lemon zest and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture.
- Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Gently stir in bilberries or blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- For streusel topping:
- Combine sugar and flour.
- Using a pastry blender or a fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter in the muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until light brown.
- Toothpick inserted in the middle of muffin should come out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan.
- Serve warm.
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating6 people
I love the idea of using yogurt in muffin mix. Got my 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Adding the yogurt to the batter makes it really tender and delicious...ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
sounds delicious I'm looking forward to do them, thanks!magali777 in Mexico loved it