MARROW BONES WITH RED WINE SAUCEFrom genna_gp 5 years ago
- 5 kg marrow bones shopping list
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) fresh rosemary, chopped shopping list
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) fresh thyme, chopped shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- red wine SAUCE: shopping list
- 3 onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) butter shopping list
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil shopping list
- 1-liter beef stock shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) mixed fresh herbs shopping list
- 500 ml (2 cups) red wine shopping list
- 20 ml (4 teaspoons) hoi sin sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC
- Make the red wine sauce.
- Cook the onions in the butter and oil until golden brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer the sauce until it is reduced by half.
- Strain the sauce and keep warm.
- Place the marrow bones in a roasting tray and scatter with the herbs.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Serve the marrow bones with some red wine sauce spooned over and garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serve with toasted bread on the side.
The Cookgenna_gp Johannesburg, ZA
The Rating3 people
I love this dish! It is so rich and nice! My friend's husband makes it and guards the recipe like a hawk! Thank you for posting it here!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Awesome!abermouse in Louisville loved it
I love Marrow bones. I know they are not too healthy but they sure are good.. Never had them with red wine. This recipe is awesome thanks... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!