MARROW BONES WITH RED WINE SAUCEFrom genna_gp 6 years ago
- 5 kg marrow bones shopping list
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) fresh rosemary, chopped shopping list
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) fresh thyme, chopped shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- red wine SAUCE: shopping list
- 3 onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) butter shopping list
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil shopping list
- 1-liter beef stock shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) mixed fresh herbs shopping list
- 500 ml (2 cups) red wine shopping list
- 20 ml (4 teaspoons) hoi sin sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC
- Make the red wine sauce.
- Cook the onions in the butter and oil until golden brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer the sauce until it is reduced by half.
- Strain the sauce and keep warm.
- Place the marrow bones in a roasting tray and scatter with the herbs.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Serve the marrow bones with some red wine sauce spooned over and garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serve with toasted bread on the side.
The Cookgenna_gp Johannesburg, ZA
The Rating3 people
I love Marrow bones. I know they are not too healthy but they sure are good.. Never had them with red wine. This recipe is awesome thanks... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Awesome!abermouse in Louisville loved it
I love this dish! It is so rich and nice! My friend's husband makes it and guards the recipe like a hawk! Thank you for posting it here!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!