White Texas Sheet CakeFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1 cup chopped nuts shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan bring and water to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, 1 teaspoon almond extract and baking soda until smooth.
- Pour batter into a greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter and milk in a saucepan then bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in sugar and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract.
- Stir in pecans and spread frosting over warm cake.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
I have now made this cake a couple of times and it is sooo GOOD, will be making it forever. My husband dosen't care for frosting and this cake is just yummy without any, super moist and just sweet enough. The only thing I did different was bake it in...moreourruffie in Canon City loved it
Yummy! In a pinch I used vanilla instead of almond....it turned out great!cakelady in Murray loved it
I think that you are missing one step in your recipe. I boiled the butter with the water...but in your directions it doesn't mention what to do with the butter for the cake. :) Thanks!!!!cakelady in Murray loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!