Slow Cooked Carnitas TacosFrom fluffy24 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs pork shoulder roast or pork butt shopping list
- 1 Cup water shopping list
- Pinches of salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 small onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with chilies, mild version shopping list
- ¼ Cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- ¼ Cup finely chopped white onion shopping list
- Pinch of salt to taste shopping list
- ½ fresh lime juice shopping list
- White or corn fajita size tortillas shopping list
- lettuce shopping list
- cheese shopping list
- Tomato shopping list
How to make it
- Place roast in crockpot, pour water in the crockpot, season roast with salt, pepper and add onion slices. Cook on low for 6-10 hours (I start it right before bed and it's finished in the morning). When completely tender, remove from crock pot, discard juices, de-fat, shred and place back into crock-pot.
- Stir in tomatoes, cilantro, onion, salt and lime juice. Keep on warm until ready to serve.
- Spoon carnita meat into tortillas and top with lettuce, cheese and tomato.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating6 people
how simplesday5 in Smalltown loved it
I have to go now! To make myself some Carnitas Tacos!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Love Carnitas Tacos in Gilbert AZ they have a resturant called Chipolte and they make these and they are to die for. Thanks for a great post and I can hardly wait to try this. Got my 5.desertgal in Billings loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!