Pineapple Chicken Stir FryFrom uncoolmom 8 years ago
- 1 (20 oz) can unsweetened pineapple tidbits shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 c ketchup shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil, divided shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, sliced shopping list
- 1 medium grren pepper, julienned shopping list
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges shopping list
- Hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Stir in the vinegar, ketchup,brown sugar and ginger; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, stir fry the chicken in 2 Tablespoons oil for 5-6 minutes or until juices run clear; sprinkle with garlic salt. Remove and keep warm. Stir fry the carrots in the remaining 1 Tablespoon of oil for 4 minutes. Add the green pepper; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the chicken and pineapple.
- Stir pineapple juce mixture and pour into pan with other ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add tomato wedges. Serve over hot rice.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookuncoolmom Atlanta, GA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!