Easy Tomato RelishFrom kigster 8 years ago
- 2 cans of tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 2 onions, 1 diced and 1 sliced shopping list
- 1 chili pepper, I use hot Thai chili with seeds shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup water, approximately shopping list
- 1 tblsp. cloves, whole shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tspn. sea salt, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tspn. pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Open tomatoes and deposit in medium to large size saucepan.
- Add onions and brown sugar. Cover with lemon juice and vinegar.
- Add cloves, bay leaves and salt'n'pepper. Stir. Place lid on saucepan.
- Simmer gently on low to medium heat stirring occasionally. Slowly add water when required as mixture will thicken.
- There may be scum that collects on top of the mixture. Scoop this out and discard before stirring.
- When relish is thick and glossy, take off heat and allow to cool a little.
- Remove bay leaves and pour into hot sterilized jars and seal when completely cool. May be kept in a dark, cool, dry area. Should be refrigerated once opened.