Penne Rigate With Broccoli And TurmericFrom chihuahua 8 years ago
- 3 Cups broccoli, stems and florets, raw, trimmed shopping list
- 1 Pound penne rigate pasta shopping list
- 2 Tbl. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. turmeric, ground (I used 1/8 tsp) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, cracked and ground shopping list
- 1 Tbl. garlic, fresh, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. ginger, fresh, minced shopping list
- 1/2 Cup chicken or vegetable stock shopping list
- 1/4 Cup white wine, Chardonnay shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- Fill a 4-quart pot with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli and cook until tender.
- Once broccoli is cooked, take out of water and place into a strainer in the sink. Do not rinse.
- If necessary, add more water to pot to cook pasta and return to the stove.
- Bring water to boil and add pasta.
- Cook al dente.
- Strain pasta but do not rinse.
- Rinse pot and return to stove.
- Place olive oil into pot and heat on medium-high for 1/2 minute.
- Add garlic, ginger, turmeric, black pepper to the oil and quickly stir constantly until you can smell the garlic. Only takes a minute.
- Add chicken stock and white wine to pot and let mixture come to a boil.
- Add salt and stir twice.
- Add pasta to the seasoning mixture and fold into sauce to completely cover noodles.
- Turn off heat and add broccoli to pasta and fold gently until completely coated.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating2 people
I like Chardonnay and the recipes that I have use it in, have all been great. So I know this will be excellent!
bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Molto bene! Thanks for a wonderful Italian dish. I willl make it soon but I KNOW it will be good. ^5 and grazie tanti for posting. Or thanks bunches.
JMmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!