Frogmore StewFrom gejr45 8 years ago
- 2 Medium onions, quartered shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed shopping list
- 1/2 cup seafood seasoning, such as old bay shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 lemon, halved shopping list
- 2 pounds small red potatoes shopping list
- 2 pounds kielbasa cut into 16 pieces shopping list
- 8 ears corn, husked and halved shopping list
- 2 pounds (21 to 25 count) shrimp shopping list
How to make it
- Pour 3 quarts of water into a large, heavy-duty roasting pan, or into a very large kettle, such as a lobster or crab pot.
- Add the onions, garlic, seafood seasoning (yes, 1/2 cup is correct) and salt to taste
- Squeeze lemon juice into the stock, then toss in the lemon halves.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes and kielbasa; return to a boil.
- Cover pan with foil or partially cover pot with lid.
- Reduce heat and simmer, cooking untill potatoes are just tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add corn; increase heat to medium-high and cook, covered, until tender, about 5 minutes longer.
- Stir shrimp into hot broth; let stand, covered, until they are just cooked about 2 minutes.
- Serve seafood, sausage and veggies on one or two large platters, with lemon wedges and small bowls of melted butter.