Italian Sausage CasseroleFrom darmorrow 5 years ago
- 450g rotini shopping list
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 3/4 lb hot italian sausage - either the sausage or the sausage meat shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, mashed shopping list
- 1 large white and 1 large red onion shopping list
- 2 sweet red peppers, coarsley chopped shopping list
- carrots, sliced, amount to your taste shopping list
- 1 green pepper, coarsley chopped shopping list
- 1 zucchini, sliced thickly and then quartered shopping list
- 2 large cans of diced tomatoes shopping list
- 12 oz tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano or 1 1/2 tsp dried shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the rotini according to package directions. Undercook by at least 2 minutes and rinse in cold water.
- In a large skillet fry the meat, remove from pan.
- Saute the onions and garlic.
- Add the rest of the veggies and stir for a few minutes
- Add the meat back to the pan and mix well.
- Place everything - the meat and veggie mix, the spices but only half of the parsley, the tomatoes and sauce and pasta into a large 4L casserole and mix well.
- Can be covered and refrigerated for 3 days.
- Bake at 350 oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the parsley and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- somptingjohn Sompting, England
- camidoo Lyons, NY
- rottman Nottingham, MD
- mt_girl Des Moines, IA
- alldolledup13 Richmond Hill, CA
- lovinfood420 Cambridge, CA
- lycett CANYON COUNTRY, CA
- angelgal New Philadelphia, OH
- toleliz Burlington, Canada
- darmorrow North Vancouver, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔