CRANBERRY TEAFrom bestcooker 6 years ago
- five 3-inch cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 5 whole allspice berries shopping list
- 5 whole cloves shopping list
- 2 quarts cranberry juice (see note) shopping list
- 3 cups orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- scant 1/3 cup red cinnamon candies shopping list
How to make it
- Tie cinnamon sticks, allspice, and cloves in a piece of cheesecloth. Place in LARGE pot with remaining ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer several hours (no less than two, and preferably several). The cinnamon candies will dissolve during simmering time and the mixture will be smooth when done. Remove spices and store “tea” in refrigerator in airtight bottles. Serve hot or cold.
- Note: We like to serve this cold with a 50/50 mixture of “tea” and ginger ale. Pour glass half full with “tea”, then top off with ginger ale and add ice. Served cold, it tastes very much like a fizzy punch! We had to buy the cinnamon candies at the bulk candy store because we were unable to find the small packages at any other store. Be sure to buy 100% cranberry juice, not the cranberry juice cocktail drink that has sugar and other ingredients already added. Recipe makes about 3 quarts.