Potluck Chicken TetrazziniFrom cherylannxo 8 years ago
- 1 purchased, deli roasted chicken shopping list
- 8 ozs. linguini, broken in half shopping list
- 12 ozs. fresh asperagus, trimmed and diagonally cut in 1" pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 8 ozs. small whole fresh mushrooms, halved shopping list
- 2 medium red and/or yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth shopping list
- 3/4 cup half and half shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sourdough bread cubes shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp. fresh snipped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350* .
- Remove the skin from the chicken, and then the chicken from the bones; discard the skin and the bones. Shred chicken into bite size pieces to equal 3 cups. Save remaining chicken for another use.
- In a large pot cook linguini according to pkg directions. Add asperagus the last minute of cooking; drain, and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add onion, mushrooms and bell peppers. Saute for 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender; stirring occasoinally. Stir in flour, salt and pepper, until well combined. Add broth and half and half all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add creamy mixture, shredded chicken, swiss cheese, and 1/2 the lemon zest to the pasta in large pot. Toss gently to coat. Spoon pasta mixture into a 3-qt. rectangular baking dish.
- In a medium bowl toss together bread cubes, olive oil and remaining lemon zest. Spread the bread cubes over the pasta mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookcherylannxo Santa Nella, CA
The Rating3 people
Family Favorites141 members
Hosting A Partywhat To Serve20 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
A Candy Jar95 members
Cookin With Chicken65 members
Pasta Lovers97 members
Casserole A Day61 members
Chicken Little167 members
Cookin 4 Crowds13 members