Good With Anything Garlicky Grilled Red Pepper Dip with ShrimpFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp in shells (about 32) shopping list
- OR whatever you wish shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 medium red sweet peppers or 16 whole green onions, trimmed shopping list
- 1 8-ounce carton dairy sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- CHILL TIME 1-24 HOURS
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact, if desired. Thread shrimp onto eight 8-inch skewers, leaving 1/4-inch space between pieces (you should have 3 to 4 shrimp per skewer).
- Brush lightly with some of the olive oil; set aside.
- Lightly brush sweet peppers or onions with remaining olive oil.
- For a charcoal grill, grill shrimp skewers and vegetables on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
- Grill shrimp for 9 to 11 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque, turning once halfway through; grill peppers for 15 minutes or until charred, turning occasionally.
- Grill onions about 5 minutes or until limp and slightly charred, turning once halfway through. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place peppers or onions, and shrimp directly over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Wrap peppers in foil and let stand about 15 minutes or until cool and skin loosens.
- Remove stems and seeds from peppers.
- Using a sharp paring knife, peel peppers.
- Place shrimp skewers on a tray; cover and chill in the refrigerator 1 to 24 hours.
- In a blender or food processor combine peppers or onions, sour cream, salt, and black pepper.
- Cover and blend or process with a few on/off turns to coarsely chop the mixture.
- Transfer to a small bowl. (Or, coarsely chop the vegetables. In a small bowl stir together the sour cream, vegetables, salt, and black pepper.)
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator 1 to 24 hours. Serve dip with shrimp on skewers.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
It is sure a 55555 to me, thanks Jm!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
This sounds just wonderful!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Lawd how mercy, this sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it