Wild and Tame Mushroom SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 1/2 large, sweet onion, diced shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, chopped shopping list
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups (6.5oz) assorted mushrooms, chopped (I like a mix of lobster, cremini, porcini, morel, shiitake and white button - rehydrate any dried ones in boiling water) shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups mushroom stock shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large, non-stick pot, saute onions, garlic and herbs in 1/3 - 1/2 cup water until onions are translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, 10 minutes. Add the water and stock, cook 20 minutes.
- If using an immersion blender, puree in pot. Otherwise, allow to cool slightly, then puree in batches in a blender before returning to pot and reheating.
- Season to taste before serving.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating3 people
Health Food Junkies422 members
On A Budget556 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group170 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Gluten Free No Wheat239 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members