Arroz A La LexingtonFrom astoutyeoman 7 years ago
- 6-8 Cups Prepared white rice shopping list
- 1 Package Goya Sazon seasoning (6.33oz) shopping list
- 2 Medium onions (coarsely chopped) shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper (coarsely chopped) shopping list
- 2 Large tomatoes (diced) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic (diced) shopping list
- 2 Cans (15.5oz) Pink beans (drained) shopping list
- 2 TBSP olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tsp red pepper flakes OR 2 Dried Jalepenos (chopped) shopping list
- 2 Tsp ground cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Over medium heat, heat the olive oil in a medium pot and add the garlic and onions. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, pepper flakes or pepper, and cumin and mix well. The liquid from the tomatoes was enough to stop everything from sticking to the pot, but I was making a smaller batch. If you need more, splash in some chicken stock, light colored beer, or water to deglaze.
- In the meantime, mix the packet of Sazon into the prepared rice until it is evenly coated.
- In a large bowl, mix the rice and the bean mixture well.