BoereworsFrom yummysandy 6 years ago
- 2 kg of chuck beef (fat and gristle removed) shopping list
- 750 de-boned thick rib of pork shopping list
- 200 g of pork fat (spek) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salt shopping list
- a good pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- ½ cup vinegar shopping list
- About 90g of pork casings (ask your butcher for some or ask him where you can buy it) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the meat and spek into small cubes.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the meat (not the vinegar),
- mix well and then mince together.
- Add the vinegar and mix lightly, but thoroughly.
- Stuff into casing
- refrigerate for 24 hours in a covered, non-metal container.
- (Optional: You can experiment by adding additional ingredients. For a lovely curry flavour add a tablespoon of curry powder to the above recipe. For a great garlic flavour add finely crushed and chopped garlic and for a sharper taste add more vinegar).
- Do not overcook sausage.
- About 12-15 minutes over slow coals (Braai) should do well.
- Serve with other BBQ dishes like Mealie Bread.
The Cookyummysandy Johannesburg, ZA
The Rating4 people
This would be great for my grill and I can not wait to try this. I like the spice combination you have going on here.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
Our butcher makes these from time to time but never when we want one. It will be great now, to be able to make them ourselves. Thanks for sharing this traditional recipe with us.trev in Bogangar loved it
nice and simple recipe thankscapedread in Peterborough. Cambridgeshire loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!