Mexican Brunch CasseroleFrom recipesrule 8 years ago
- 4 10" flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 Tbsp melted margarine shopping list
- 1 8oz pkg light cream cheese ( cut in chunks ) shopping list
- 1 cup 1% cottage cheese shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup lite sour cream shopping list
- 1 tin ( 114ml) diced green chilies shopping list
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 pkg taco seasoning shopping list
- 1 cup chopped tomato shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion ( scallion) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives shopping list
- 1/2 cup salsa shopping list
How to make it
- Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray and overlap shells over bottom and up sides of pan.
- Brush with melted margarine and bake at 325 for 10 minutes.( I sometimes skip this as we don't like the crust too dark, and just fill the unbaked shell) Remove from oven and cool
- In food processor with a metal blade, process cream cheese til smooth.
- Add cottage cheese, eggs, and sour cream. Blend again til smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add chilies, cheeses and taco seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Pour into base and bake at 325F for 45-50 minutes until set.
- Let stand for at least 10 minutes and then top with chopped tomatoes, green onions, olives and salsa, in an attractive design. Cut into squares after everyone has a chance to ooh and ahh! Serve with a nice salad and you are good to go.
The Cookrecipesrule Winnipeg, CA
The Rating7 people
wow great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I LOVE this! 5 forks! thank you!lanacountry in Macon loved it
Sounds fantastic! I love the olives being in there!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!