Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken BreastFrom cdex1 7 years ago
- 3 lbs. of chicken breasts cut to about 1/2 pound per serving. ( I just cut the side of a full breast in half) shopping list
- 1 lbs. sliced hickory bacon shopping list
- black pepper to taste. shopping list
- For the sauce. shopping list
- 5 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce. shopping list
- 3/4 cup of Italian dressing shopping list
- 1 cup of brown sugar. shopping list
- 1 medium onion diced shopping list
- water as needed shopping list
How to make it
- To make the scauce combine all the sauce ingrediants and simmer for 30 minutes on low/medium heat. The object is to get the sauce to about the consistancy of tomato scauce from a can. Use a little water to achieve this.
- While the sauce is on the grillTake a each slice of bacon and run it through your thumb and for-finger, pinching it as you go along. This will make it longer.
- Wrap each breast half with the 1 slice of bacon.
- Lay them out on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Grill on a medium flame, turning occaisonally as to not burn.
- When the chicken appears to be almost done, reduce flame to low and with a set of tongs dip each breast into the basting sauce and place on the top shelf of the grill and cover. If you don't have a top shelf then make sure you place them off the flame to finish off.
- Redip each breast in the scauce every 10 minutes, rotating the cooking side and place on the grill. Let them finish off for 30 minutes total time off direct flame.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookcdex1 Imperial, MO
The Rating5 people
Good job. Thanks
Donman :)donman in Hammond loved it
Thank you..wonderful recipe!! 5 * * * * *! :)
Lanalanacountry in Macon loved it
I see there are only a few of us who have actually tried this recipe. It was awesome. My whole family loved it. My husband didn't even say a word through dinner, that's when you know he likes something. My 3 year old daughter ate hers without que...morelastminutecook in Plainfield Township loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!