Pie Anytime Do-your-own-make-ahead Fruit Pie FillingFrom lanacountry 6 years ago
- Pie Anytime (Do your Own Make-Ahead fruit pie filling) shopping list
- This is a make-ahead pie filling from freezer to oven. Great way to use fresh fruit . shopping list
- Note: To thicken this filling, use a basic ratio of 1 tablespoon of flour for every 2 cups fruit. shopping list
- 3 lbs firm-ripe fresh fruit (less if berries) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Clean fruit throughly.
- Cut each fruit discarding pits, or skins and place In a large bowl, gently mix fruit, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour (see note), lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt; Taste fruit and add more sugar if desired (up to 1 cup total).
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with 20-inch-long sheet of foil (there should be about 5 inches of overhang on each side of the pan); Line the foil with a 20-inch-long piece of plastic wrap.
- Pour fruit into plastic wrap; pull edges together and fold over to seal; then repeat to seal foil over plastic.
- Freeze up to 3 months, removing from pie pan, after filling is hard, about 8 hours.
- From freezer to oven:.
- To bake pie, unwrap frozen filling and place in a 9-inch pie pan lined with an unbaked crust; cover with top crust, crimp edges to seal, cut small slits in top to vent.
- Place on foil lined baking sheet, for easy clean-up, Bake pie in a 375°F oven until top crust is browned and filling is bubbling in the center,1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours (if crust gets brown before filling is bubbling, cover loosely with foil).
The Cooklanacountry Macon, GA
The Rating4 people
Lana, you just never stop amazing me! What a great post. Thanksm2googee in Tomball loved it
This is a great idea. I can do the same thing with pumpkin pie also. Thank you so very much. Have a good night....Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
Thank you for your recipe! What a smart idea and a good base recipe! I really appreciate you adding this one and I'll use it often in the future! Thanks again! (These would be great as toppings for ice cream!)annieamie in Los Angeles loved it