Pie Anytime Do-your-own-make-ahead Fruit Pie FillingFrom lanacountry 8 years ago
- Pie Anytime (Do your Own Make-Ahead fruit pie filling) shopping list
- This is a make-ahead pie filling from freezer to oven. Great way to use fresh fruit . shopping list
- Note: To thicken this filling, use a basic ratio of 1 tablespoon of flour for every 2 cups fruit. shopping list
- 3 lbs firm-ripe fresh fruit (less if berries) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Clean fruit throughly.
- Cut each fruit discarding pits, or skins and place In a large bowl, gently mix fruit, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour (see note), lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt; Taste fruit and add more sugar if desired (up to 1 cup total).
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with 20-inch-long sheet of foil (there should be about 5 inches of overhang on each side of the pan); Line the foil with a 20-inch-long piece of plastic wrap.
- Pour fruit into plastic wrap; pull edges together and fold over to seal; then repeat to seal foil over plastic.
- Freeze up to 3 months, removing from pie pan, after filling is hard, about 8 hours.
- From freezer to oven:.
- To bake pie, unwrap frozen filling and place in a 9-inch pie pan lined with an unbaked crust; cover with top crust, crimp edges to seal, cut small slits in top to vent.
- Place on foil lined baking sheet, for easy clean-up, Bake pie in a 375°F oven until top crust is browned and filling is bubbling in the center,1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours (if crust gets brown before filling is bubbling, cover loosely with foil).
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cooklanacountry Macon, GA
The Rating4 people
Thank you for your recipe! What a smart idea and a good base recipe! I really appreciate you adding this one and I'll use it often in the future! Thanks again! (These would be great as toppings for ice cream!)annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
This is a great idea. I can do the same thing with pumpkin pie also. Thank you so very much. Have a good night....Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
Lana, you just never stop amazing me! What a great post. Thanksm2googee in Tomball loved it