Biscotti With Dried Cherries Chocolate And AlmondsFrom fluffy24 6 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (scant 1/2 cup) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the all-purpose and whole-wheat flours, the baking powder and salt. In a large bowl beat together the sugar, eggs, oil, orange zest and vanilla extract until well combined. In batches add the dry ingredients until the mixture forms a dough. Beat in the cherries, almonds and chocolate.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and knead several times. Shape into a log about 10 inches long and 3 inches wide. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes. With a serrated knife, cut 1/2-inch diagonal slices. Arrange on the baking sheet and bake 10 minutes. Turn the cookies over and bake the biscotti until golden 5-10 minutes longer. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating5 people
great, I do something similar!midgelet in Eastern loved it
ANOTHER great recipe!
D~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
high 5 thanks a lot.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!