Chiang Mai Chicken NoodlesFrom debwin 8 years ago
- 400ml coconut cream shopping list
- 1/4c red curry paste shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1tsp ground turmeric shopping list
- 2c chicken stock shopping list
- 2T dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1T shaved palm sugar shopping list
- 1 chicken cut into serving size pieces shopping list
- 1T fish sauce shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lime shopping list
- 500g packet of thin egg noodles shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely sliced shopping list
- 2-3 green onions finely sliced shopping list
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely sliced shopping list
- 1/2c coriander leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Heat coconut cream in a wok or frying pan on high. Reduch heat and simmer 6-8 mins. until thickened slightly.
- Blend in curry paste, garlic and turmeric. Simmer for 2-3 mins. stirring continually.
- Add stock, soy and sugar, stirring to combine. Add chicken. Simmer partially covered for 20-25 mins. turning chicken occasionally until cooked through. Blend in fish sauce and lime juice.
- Meanwhile deep-fry 100g of noodles in small batches until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels. Deep-fry onions until golden brown, drain well. Set aside with fried noodles.
- Cook remaining noodles following packet instructions, Drain well.
- In a bowl combine fried noodles and onions with green onions, chilli and coriander.
- Divide boiled noodles evenly between 4 bowls. Top with chicken, sauce and fried noodle mixture.