Crawfish EnchiladasFrom dmajor 5 years ago
- 12 White corn tortillas, 8" size shopping list
- 2 cups peeled crawfish tails (about 1 pound) shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper,chopped shopping list
- 1 onion,chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic,minced shopping list
- 1 cup sliced green onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced(adjust to taste) shopping list
- 1 pt. heavy /whipping cream shopping list
- 8 oz. sour cream shopping list
- 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 8 oz. shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon creole spice shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili power shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the onion, green pepper, and green onion in a little olive oil until the onion becomes translucent
- Add the crawfish and continue to saute for 3-5 minutes.
- add the heavy cream, sour cream, and the jalapenos (to taste--remember, these things are hot).
- Add the Monterey Jack cheese and spices.
- Mix and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In skillet, heat a little olive oil.
- Cook tortillas, one at a time for a few seconds on each side, adding more oil as needed.(you are just warming the tortillas)
- Spoon the filling(save a little of the sauce to pour over the tortillas) into the tortillas, roll, and place in a baking dish.
- Cover tortillas with remaining sauce and cheddar cheese .
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with additional green onion slices on top.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating4 people
Good Golly Molly! I have a hard time getting those little mud puppies here.. but gonna change out with shrimp! This is just wonderful! I make one like it with chicken.. Thanks.. Got my 5!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Sounds good, except I wouldn't use any oil to heat the tortillas, but instead I would use a DRY fry pan with no oil on high heat. The tortilla heats up in about 10 seconds, if that. Do both sides, then make the roll. Also, I heard that if you cook th...morehienz1 in Miramar loved it