Blender GazpachoFrom notyourmomma 5 years ago
- 1 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes in puree shopping list
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chiles and onion shopping list
- 1 english cucumber, peeled diced in big chunks shopping list
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chunked shopping list
- 2 ribs of celery, trimmed and chunked shopping list
- 1 red or yellow onion, cut in large chunks shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled shopping list
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and deveined if you dare (I do) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil shopping list
- 3 inch chunk of day old bread soaked in water and squeezed dry and torn into pieces shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teapoon of salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper shopping list
- several shakes of Tabasco, Chipotle style shopping list
- Suggested Garnishes: pickled shrimp/sour cream/herb croutons or minced chives and lemon zest. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large blender, put the cucumber/pepper/onion/celery/garlic and the can of tomatoes with chilies.
- Process until nearly smooth.
- Pour into a large container.
- Don't rinse the blender, add the big can of tomatoes and the bread and oil, vinegar, lemon juice and seasonings.
- Puree til completely smooth.
- Add to blended veggies and stir until combined.
- Taste and adjust for seasonings, (salt tolerance mostly)
- Chill at least 40 minutes.
- For service, I use a chilled margarita glass, hang a pickled shrimp off the glass with a tiny dollop of sour cream, sprinkled with chives and lemon zest and a tiny pinch of coarse salt.