Emerils Raspberry Lemon Thumbprint CookiesFrom sunkst21 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam or jelly shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Chambord or kirsch (optional) shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter 2 large baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, combine the jam and Chambord. Stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk to blend.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Add the flour mixture in 2 additions and beat just until moist clumps form. Gather the dough together into a ball.
- Pinch off the dough to form 1-inch balls. Place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing 1-inch apart. Use your floured index finger or 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon to create depressions in the center of each ball. Fill each indentation with nearly 1/2 teaspoon of the jam mixture. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- **I dont use the Chambord. Instead, I scoop seedless raspberry jelly into a bowl and stir it up so it is somewhat liquidy, then use a metal teaspoon to spoon out the jelly and place in the depressions of the cookie dough**