Pasta with Fresh Uncooked Tomato SauceFrom linebb956 6 years ago
- 2 pounds medium to large ripe tomatoes (3—6 tomatoes, depending on size) shopping list
- 2 whole cloves of garlic, peeled shopping list
- 1 small bunch fresh basil shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- black pepper in a mill shopping list
- 12 ounces long pasta shopping list
How to make it
- Chop the tomatoes coarsely and place them in a glass or stainless steel bowl.
- Crush the garlic cloves and mince very fine.
- Remove the basil leaves from their stems, chop them coarsely, and toss with the tomatoes and garlic.
- Add the olive oil and toss again.
- Let the mixture rest in a cool spot, but not the refrigerator, for about 2 hours.
- Cook the pasta and drain it. Season the tomato sauce with salt and black pepper and add the pasta to the sauce.
- Toss the mixture and serve immediately
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating5 people
I love this when the weather is hot. Thanks for posting.coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it
LOVE this...aren't fresh, ripe tomatoes the best? Can't wait until they are here!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
This gets 5 from me:)orangeskipper in Redding loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!